Concrete Leveling Solutions uses polyjacking to get your concrete back to its original level and keep it that way for many years to come. Polyjacking is a method of injecting high-density polyurethane foam into the affected concrete through a small 5/8” hole that is drilled into the concrete. This polyurethane begins as a liquid filling voids and encasing poorly compacted soil. Within a few moments of injection, the polyurethane reacts to become a foam expanding 20 times its liquid volume as it moves underneath the concrete, as the foam expands, the soils tighten and the concrete begins to lift returning to its original elevation. This method has many advantages over other methods of concrete repair. Some of these advantages are:
Advantages to Polyjacking
- Trenchless: we do not have to dig or excavate around your structure
- Light-weight materials: our polymers are light-weight and add minimal weight to the area. This is a major advantage because often times treatment is required because the added weight is to much for the geology of the area.
- Fast: our polymers set up to 95% capacity within 15 minutes, unlike other solutions which require 24-48 hours and ideal soil conditions.
- Environmentally Friendly: Our polymers are environmentally inert and have no impact to the environment or groundwater
- Cost-effective: not only is our process the fastest and most effective foundation and slab lifting application, but it is the most cost-effective too
Polyjacking vs. Mudjacking
Polyjacking is a preferred method over mudjacking. Mudjacking is cement, mud mixture. The holes that need to be drilled for mudjacking are much larger and this method is less durable. Mudjacking weighs much more than polyurethane foam, adding stress to the soil below. Polyurethane foam cures very quickly, so your concrete can be used within 15 minutes after the repair is done.